Dusk

                           
Today is one of those really cold winter evenings in Bangalore. I sauntered across my balcony and gazed at the lawn. It looked more alive and beautiful due to the drops of rainwater on the leaves and petals forming patterns that brought a smile on my face. I stood leaning onto the railings of the steps leading to our house downstairs. A few yards away, in the site behind our house, at my eye level was a lone, lush green tree flanked by a tarless road (which added to the originality of the naturistic scenario). The rain had taken a hiatus. The cool air swished past me in a slow and tantalising manner ; rustling the leaves of the tree I was constantly staring at (for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off it). A few children all clad in warm outfits walked along the roadside in groups chattering and laughing to their hearts content. The sight instigated a maelstrom of feelings inside me. It was like seeing through the ‘window of life’.
We all live in the era of technology and science where  anything is possible . Albeit for me ,more often than not the life I live feels like a boring routine. I must admit, it is pretty ridiculous for me to say that considering am only sixteen years old. I mean life is an odyssey filled with so many, many emotions . Those children walking on the road have no worries or a clue about what’s waiting for them tomorrow. They are simply happy in a blissful oblivion. Childhood is that phase with very little memories except for a vivid feeling of innocent happiness. As we grow up and start walking along the path we choose we come across more feelings – anger, change, bliss , confusion, disappointment , hope , hatred, faith, ecstasy, peace ,pleasure , satisfaction, regret ect,.
In the mean time, we all grope for things that went wrong and whine about it, or at least I do. As I stood there thinking, the last traces of light began to disappear….. the sky donned darker hues of blue….. Dusk it is.  The light was fading, the wind was cold against my cheek but I felt warmed by the peace within me. It is feelings and moments like these that make it worth living for.
Every path has its ups and downs, criss-crosses, pros and cons. The path we choose is what defines us. And ‘to feel’ is ‘to live’. Do what you really feel like to do. Never give up on that belief you have in yourself and your dreams. I strongly believe so, because

I don’t wanna have to live up to anyone’s expectations but my own.

(originally written on 17/11/13)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacuum Cleaner for thoughts

Analogy / The Woodcutter

Drapetomani