Whats on my mind?

Feels like a lifetime has passed by since I last blogged. And I feel absolutely guilty that I have not been an active blogger. But so much has happened over the past few months that looking back on it, it really feels surreal(unbelievable in the nightmarish way...not to forget, nightmares are dreams too) . Its like looking at a far off and distant part of me. All those competitive exams, 12th board exam results, counselling, indecision, contemplation and here I am now doing Engineering. To be honest I still have not let that fact sink in completely into my system.
What I think is so ridiculous about the whole thing is that you are just seventeen or eighteen year old's and just about yet starting to learn the realities of life.Despite that, you are expected to know what you want to do professionally for what could probably be the rest of your life. I mean sure there are those who are sure about it and I respect people like that wholeheartedly. But the truth is most of us are living through uncertainties and feel caught not being able to discover ourselves. The space required is very hard to find because everyone is out there judging and commenting and suggesting what you need to do while you are slowly suffocating.
Most of us who end up doing engineering are the ones who did not know what exactly we want to do and  do engineering to buy ourselves some time with a hope that by the end of these four years, we will probably know what we are meant for. Admit it, its true.
My college started over a month ago and just last week I completed my first internals. Having said all that, I would like to add that college is rather fun. Tough it also feels like being back in an exasperatingly strict school I had never been to. They treat us like kindergarten kids and it is not even funny. But when you have got good friends and a place to easily blend in, you just try and stay happy most of the time.
Sometimes I just sit and wonder why I am doing all this. Am stuck in a routine...I go to college and by the time am back home am so tired, I do not feel like do anything but lie on my bed and fall asleep. It is very hard to find time for myself or my hobbies. At one point everything will seem pointless. All of us go through such times, just in different ways and from different perspectives. That is how teenage is.
What is very important is not to give up. There will be regrets, insecurities and all those demons staring you in the face. You need to face them,overcome them and get to a point where you feel free to be your self. Dont let what others have to tell about you bother you or keep you from doing anything you love.
In the dark times of confusion and desperation, it is easy to feel let down and defeated. That is when you have to remember that the Darkest hour is before Dawn. You just got to hold on to hope and the trust your instincts and believe that you are stronger than any difficulty that is ahead of you.
This is to let you know that you are not the only one who feels this way.
So, I have a lot of ideas in my head that I have not put on paper and I intend to do so soon. From now on, I have decided to blog as frequently as possible and not procrastinate because writing is something that am passionate about. It gives me a sense of serenity and also makes me feel alive and embrace the truth with bravado.
To all of you reading this, thank you for sparing your time to read my blog. Please do leave comments and let me know what you think. It is vital that I know how you all feel about it, so I can improve and get better at this and also know how good or bad I am. So please do leave your honest and precious comments below. Also +1 me if possible.
Until next time :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacuum Cleaner for thoughts

Analogy / The Woodcutter

Drapetomani